Friday, September 3, 2010

Cupcakes for Good People

It has been a GOOOOOOD week peoples! Minus one Little Man having a tummy upset Tuesday night. It has been soooo hot here in Central Maine, and humid, let me tell you! I can't breathe. I can't move. I am Grouchy with a capital "B". :) On Tuesday, the heat had just done Little Man in, and after drinking a sippy cup of water, his "tongue went out all over the place" (his words!) and he threw up all over the couch, ottoman and Daddy. Yeah, needless to say, after all was said and done, and knowing he was okay (I got a text while in class) I was secretly glad I wasn't here. Shhh. Don't tell the DiSH that. He did good though, washing all the couch cushion covers, changing LM, and getting him to sleep.
The DiSH has been working his cute little butt off this week. You know what I just decided? I'm tired of calling him the DiSH. And, it's annoying trying to type the capital letters with the little "i" in there. So, if you don't already know his name, it's Andy. There. I named the DiSH. Anyway.....besides his regular job, he's been sooo busy here. He and my best friend in the whole world (I'll get to her in a minute, she deserves her own paragraph) cleaned out the WHOLE basement this week. It was filled with 15 years worth of stuff, junk, trash, other people's stuff (stored stuff for a brother-in-law), and just crap!! Six, yes I said 6 truckloads of trash went to the landfill. I started to feel a bit embarrassed, but then realized it was all stuff that had been water damaged last winter and was no good. Old stuff. Stuff we had even tried to sell in lawn sales over the years. It looks sooo good down there now. Well, today Andy and Sandy (my BFF!) are down there along with Mr. Smarty Pants, chucking and stacking wood from outside, before Hurricane Earl sends a few drops of rain our way tonight. We are expecting 4 more cord of wood in the next 2 weeks, so we are getting ready. Winter heat will all be here and paid for in just a few weeks!  Anyway, I am not down there for 3 big reasons. 1) my allergies cannot take it. The dust, dampness, mildewy smell would kill me. 2) I can't bend, lift, twist, all that, that is necessary when taking care of split wood. I would hurt myself for sure. Don't I just sound like a picture of health?!! To be fair, my back has been doing really really good since my surgery 8 months ago. I've been doing the Wii Fit with Girly Girl, and feel good! Note to self: do Wii Fit today. Oh yeah. Reason number )3 He is 2 1/2 feet tall, has two fast feet, and two very busy hands. I must keep Little Man out of the way!
So.....about my BFF. Her name is Sandy. I've known her since 2nd grade I believe. We went to the same small school that now her son and my son go to, and were really good friends. After school years, we went our separate ways, and years and years went by. Well, I am so happy and blessed to have her back in my life. Back in my family's life. Back in my church family's life. She lives 30 seconds from my house, and I see her all the time, and we text/talk all the time too. The night that I went into premature labor with Little Man, she didn't hesitate to come over at 11pm and stay with my older two. She takes care of Princess, our Golden Retriever, when we need her to, and Little Man really does think she is HIS playmate! She has the biggest heart. I love her so much!!! 
Now I must go make the promised Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes for the gang!!
Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend, and stay safe from Earl! Tara and Jamie, I'm thinkin' of ya!!


2 comments:

  1. Luckily. Earl seems to be staying to the east of us, but it's been nice and breezy today. With the high in the upper 90's the breeze made it somewhat bearable outside. Happy baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had planned a trip to the beach but cancelled due to the uncertainty. This morning I mentioned heading down there but Dwight didn't really want to so we stayed home. Seems like NC dodged a bullet. We didn't get anything but cloud cover where we live.

    Consider yourself very lucky to have a true BFF. I can't say the same....so I just claim Jesus as my BFF because I know he'll always be there for me!

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails