Wednesday, June 30, 2010

wonderful words of wisdom

I will admit, after posting my last POST  I sat impatiently for about 20 minutes, checking and rechecking to see if anybody was going to comment. I really needed to hear some feedback, of any kind. I was not disappointed. I had to wait until the next morning, but my comment box was filled with comforting words from great people like YOU. I kept thinking "oh, I need to share what SHE said with HER" and so on. So today I decided to do that! I figured your comments were made public to begin with, so maybe you wouldn't mind if I reposted them so you guys can see how great you each are!

SHANA is a great lady that I connected with initially, because she too has a little one named Caleb. :) We have become great friends, and not only do we keep in touch through our blogs, but Facebook too. Thank you Shana for your words of comfort and wisdom:
"No. You are not being a big baby. I could have written your post mostly. I am so there with you right now. there is so much going on in my life with my sister and now I am watching baby Jacob 12 hours a day (who may become ours if things don't turn around for his Mom...shhh) and I have Blaze who I love with my whole heart and soul but sometimes i want peace. I want to get my nails done or read a book or sew something pretty or do nothing or take a nap. But like you I am being followed 24/7 and Chris and I hardly ever have time together and I try to explain to him and he doesn't get it. He leaves for work at 7:30 am and gets home around 5:30 pm then has to feed the horses and water them so he doesn't get in the house until 7 or so and I am so frazzled by that time and trying to cook with Blaze running under my feet and the dog needs to pee and the cats haven't been fed yet and the laundry just finished and I need to load the dishwasher. Man it never ends and he says....but you don't have to go to work. Man, I think an 8 hr job woul dbe a break sometimes haha. I have just started telling Chris I need me time and we need us time so I think you should just tell your hubby, hey instead of finishing the ceiling today can we just go for a walk? I am sure he would say yes." ~Shana

LAVANDER has eased my worrying mind more than once with words of wisdom as well. She has two teen boys, and because I too have a teen boy, we talk about raising them and the ups and downs! I appreciate the advice she gives as well:
"Lisa, girrrrrl, everytime I visit you we seem to be going through similar matters of life. My hubby has been working a lot of overtime and although the money is much needed, I miss him! I had a pity party this weekend, but no one showed up. LOL
We're women traveling a challenging journey and I actually speak of this in the book God blessed me to write. Women go through so many emotions, yet we don't share the valley moments, which makes us feel we're alone in our emotions.
Thank you for sharing yourself and PLEASE know, you are not alone and you are definitely not a baby. Little Man is the ONLY baby in your house (smile).
Have a JOYFUL holiday weekend!" ~Momsweb 
LaVender replied to me again with the following:
(2nd reply from Momsweb)~"I don't know about your husband, but mine doesn't get it. lol  (OH HOW I AGREE LAVENDER!!)
He truly feels that providing for the family is his main priority and I soooo appreciate that. Working is everything to a man and when that's done - they're done.
It took me a while to accept this, but when hubby is at home, he is doing what he is supposed to do - be there. It doesn't matter if I'm getting quality time from him or not - he's at home - whether sleep, watching t.v., working in the yard, etc.... He feels i have nothing to complain about if he's at home.
If I told MY hubby that I wanted more time, I think I would stress him a little because he feels like he's already going above and beyond the manly call of duty. They can only do so much and are unable to meet individual needs like a woman does.
You know your hubby better than anyone else, so let the Spirit lead you.
As for me, I'm on my way to work - Mom's Taxi. LOL
It's time for some ME time also - ME as in ALONE!"
The Mommy and I have a great connection that I share with only one other mom. We both have Vasa Previa miracles. We found each other through a Yahoo Group for VP, and have stayed close since then. I love talking to her, strengthening our bond more and more each day:
"You sound needy like me! When Mike works long hours I feel bad for wanting him to spend time with me instead of mowing the yard or taking Maggie to the gym with him. I think it's hard when they're always away from us and then there's the whole Mommy needs some "me" time thing too. It's hard, but you'll get through it." ~The Mommy

TARA  has a baby boy named Andrew, that amazingly was born on Little Man's actual due date! We talk a lot about our 2 year old's, our husbands, reality tv, life as stay-at-home mom's, and many other things too! I love her take on things, her knack for thinking outside the box. She's a smart cookie:
"You are def. not alone! We are blessed in so many ways. One of those ways is to be able to stay home but we are also human. We all need a break and we all need to nurture relationships other than with our children. I sometimes have the same feelings but when I am away from Andrew, I miss him like crazy!!"~Tara

So there you have it, YOUR words of wisdom. I have not talked to the DiSH about my feelings, probably something I should do, I know. I have been focusing on not taking it personally, trying instead to realize it's the way God wired him. He's not choosing to hurt me, and would be concerned if he knew he had. He worked more last night on the bathroom ceiling, and it is coming together. Tonight and tomorrow night when he gets home from work, he is going to "mud" it. It goes fast from here, and before I know it, we will be putting on new paint, and new bathroom accessories will be a must!! 
So anyway, thanks again guys, for being so great. Now on to cleaning, playing, and planning a great supper for the man of my dreams, even though sometimes he gives me nightmares!  
 

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, I am so happy that you are feeling better. It is rough sometimes but we will make it. I just keep thinking this too shall pass. And it will eventually and we will be wishing we were back here. Life right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you feel better today. Believe me, I have to refrain from writing blog posts that say HELP ME or please feel sorry for me. Being a full time, stay at home mom to one, two or ten is a hard job and we do not get time off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You "hang out" with some pretty cool chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, my friend!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails