Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Outcome of My Time Out

Hey there.....
Many of you wrote me comments on my last post, sending prayers and encouraging words my way. I love you guys.
I had a good time, no make that a GREAT time, out with my friend. We went to a packed movie theater, sat in the second row because those were the last two seats together, popped open our Cokes that we snuck in, in my big purse, and I just let myself go to Pandora (the movie was Avatar in 3D) and leave my real life behind for a few hours. I didn't scream, or spit out the window of her car (see last post). I prayed instead. And I talked to my friend. I felt much better when I got home. It was very late, so I went around to all the bedrooms, taking peeks at sleeping babes, and telling my 15 year old it was time to turn out his light. The DiSH was still awake, and we talked about the movie, did the baby go to bed well, and he told me he had applied to another job online. I prayed myself to sleep as I usually do. I don't finish my prayers a lot of the time, instead drifting off in the middle of talking to my Best Friend. I don't think He minds. The other times that I talk to Him and don't fall asleep are when I rock Little Man to sleep at night and sometimes for his nap. Those quiet times behind a closed door are the best conversations with Him.
So anyway, I am a calm woman today! I am waiting to see how the Lord will provide. In some way. And I will do my best to accept it and not wish for more. He knows our needs.
Here are some pics I took the other night of Little Man in his bath. So sweet!

 
 




7 comments:

  1. I a so glad you feel better today Lisa! I am looking for some part time work and Chris is trying so hard to find a better paying job and it is just hard right now. God will provide and see us through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better today! I'm also glad to hear that you pray yourself to sleep too. I very seldom ever finish my prayers, but I'm trying to do better. I think you're right...He doesn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I pray myself to sleep too! At least I have good company in doing it! I think you might be right that LM is taller than A. His torso looks longer. Anyway....glad you were able to get out and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Son's Heart

    Hello Friends! This space is for all people (couples or not) that are directly or indirectly involved in processes of adoption of children. Or anyone interested in simply to help improve the welfare of the children concerned. You can count on a little of their stories and share the joys and difficulties. Come help us and be helped. Alone we are isolated, but in unity we will be comforted. A hug to everyone.
    viste please.
    http://meufilhodocoracao.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray myself to sleep too....it helps my brain slooooow down. :) So glad you are feeling better today~ We love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy to hear that you are doing better today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi~

    It's great to hear that you are doing better. I pray myself to sleep as well as well. I don't think our Heavenly Father minds one bit that we fall asleep mid prayer. He loves us anyway! :> )

    I hope you are having a WONDERFUL DAY!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails