Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's been way too long since I last wrote and I hate that. I must admit, I really do enjoy reading other posts and commenting on them, and so by the time I realize I need to post, I don't have time! I am at the Ronald McDonald House this weekend, with the DiSH, Girly Girl, Little Man, and Mr. Smarty Pants....aka, husband and kids! We were here one year ago, because Little Man was born 2 months early, and was in the NICU. We spent 2 weeks living here, and then 3 weeks later, we were back for 2 more because LM got sick. It feels like home here. We love it! DiSH is taking the front desk stuff very seriously, answering the phone, checking new people in, keeping the coffee hot, and just keeping the House under control! I am reliving last year, and at first I felt very anxious about that, but now I am realizing it is very healing. LM's 1st birthday was 1 week ago, and that was a hard day for me. I was happy, but sad, anxious and panicky too. He came in such a rush, such an emergency, and it was a life or death situation. This whole Christmas this year, I have tried hard to pay attention to the little things, appreciate EVERYTHING. Instead of being here this weekend, and giving back, we could be at home, mourning the unbearable loss of LM. But thank the God in heaven, that is not the case! He sleeps now....finally gave in to the pack'n'play, although being very stubborn about it! There is a father and daughter here with an incredible story.....Her name is Noorra, and she is from Iraq. In early August I believe, she was hit in the head by gun fire....American gun fire. A non-profit organziation called No More Victims brought her and her father here to Portland, ME so that she could have surgery...more than one. She is 7. And in the 4 months that she has been here, she has learned almost perfect English. Her latest surgery was December 12. Her mother is in Iraq still, with 3 younger children than Noorra, and she is pregnant with her 5th. Noorra told me yesterday that she liked my baby. :) And then told me she has a baby too....in Iraq. I don't know when she can go home......but when she does, I pray she is safe. She is just one of the many many stories of the unfairness in Iraq. How can I wallow in my own sadness now? I should wear Noorra's mother's shoes for a day, huh. Yeah. Okay, time to smile Lisa! Time to be really be thankful for everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.


This is Little Man, on the morning of his Number One birthday, December 20, before church.




This is at Little Man's dedication at church. My brother-in-law had recently been ordained as an elder, so he was able to do the baby dedication. It was very nice. He shared facts about Caleb's first month of life with our church family, and said a beautiful prayer. We are so happy to raise Caleb according to His will...



Happy Birthday Baby!
Don't look too closely....without thinking, I used my daugher's Barbie Princess plate for his First Ever piece of cake! Who do you think pointed THAT out to me?! Yep, Mr. Smarty Pants!!! Whatever!!!
I will post Christmas pics and RMH pics when we get home. :))

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a touching post. It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing, that story about the little girl Noorra, wow. My heart breaks thinking of all the children caught up in the brutality of the world. Sometimes I get caught up in my own little struggles and I forget the bigger picture. We have so much to be thankful for, so much more then so many in the world. I can not even imagine being a mother caught up in a war zone, trying desperately to protect my children.

    Your little boy is so cute. It's really funny how you used a princess plate for his cake, that is something I would do to with out thinking about it!

    I think it's wonderful that you guys went back and volunteered, I am sure it was quite a mixture of emotions being there.

    Thank you for your sweet post, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that Caleb's first birthday was a good one...for both of you! I think about how different our lives would be if we lost Maggie everyday, but the holidays are the hardest.

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails