Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time To Learn and Take Tests

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
...understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5 – 6
 I have decided that however long it takes, I am going to teach Little Man this Bible verse. It is one of my very favorite Bible verses, and one that I desire my 2 1/2 year old to learn early, so throughout life, a promise from God is forever in his heart, and always quick on his lips.

School starts next week for three of us in this house. I've decided to make that four, by teaching Little Man Bible verses, along with colors and shapes, which he pretty much knows already!! While shopping in the Dollar Tree Store the other day, I was at first amazed at how he knew all of the character's names from Winnie The Pooh, a few from Toy Story, and of course all of Elmo's friends. But what has he learned from the Bible? He does know many Sabbath School songs, with which I am so filled with peace while he sings them. And lately, when he just sings, not any song in particular, he is always singing the words "Lord" and "Alleluia". His songs make no sense to me, as his made-up lyrics are something like "and thennn....the Looorrrdddd.....did beeee...." or something like that! I know Jesus understands the song though! It is my job as his Mama, the one he is with 24/7, to make sure a personal relationship with Jesus takes hold in his heart now. And what better way than to teach him God's Word? He learns quick too. His memory verse a few months ago was "Let us come to the house of the Lord". He would walk around the house saying "Let us Come........To the House.......of the LORDDD!!!"

On more in-the-moment news, today is Mr. Smarty Pants road test for his license! I must scream....AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I am sooo nervous for him. I can't help it. I just want 1:00 to come quick and be over. He is going to do just fine, I'm sure. My sister and I agree that if he doesn't pass, it will be because the instructor is having a bad day, and isn't a people person! Pray for my baby. This is a big day!



3 comments:

  1. Love those pictures!! Maggie sings songs and reads made up Bible stories all the time. Just this morning she was teaching Ellie a "lesson about God". You should buy "The Jesus Storybook Bible" for him. We LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want so badly to teach Blaze Bible verses too but it is hard when he can barely make intelligible sentences. The speech will help with that. I do need to be more vigilant on guarding his heart and making sure that he hears the word of God enough. I will do better. I am praying for your son and his driving test too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pics! I am so glad it went well! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails