Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Plinky Question

What's a bigger enemy to a clean home: a puppy or a baby?

I signed up a bunch of months ago now, with Plinky. It's a website that posts a question to help kick-start a blog topic if you're ever having trouble coming up with something to say! That hasn't been a problem with me, so I have never needed Plinky.

I still don't.

But the topic today hit Home.

What's a bigger enemy to a clean home: a puppy or a baby?

Wow!

My baby is almost 2, and my "puppy" is 1 1/2. Princess is a Golden Retriever. I love her. I love her. I am really trying to love her. I LOVE HER!

Little Man has a job. It's a job that I think all almost 2 year old's have. He does it well, and has perfected it. Clean house? Toys are put away? Oh no! I must do my job! Match box cars, little Lego Men (his favorite thing lately) books, stuffed animals and shoes. Out they come, and by the end of the day, his job is done. And mine begins all over again!

But Princess.....

oh man.

Two words:

DOG HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going crazy. Losing it. Pulling my OWN hair out. It's everywhere! I can't wear black. I cringe when Little Man rolls around on the floor. I sneeze. I vacuum ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME. I mean it. My vacuum now has a new home: in the corner, plugged in, ready to go. Luckily she's not a stinky dog. And she's pretty neat when it comes to her food/water. I've actually gotten used to stepping in a few drops of water after she walks away from taking a drink.

But I must say, Princess IS the bigger enemy to my clean home.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". In my case, my enemy can't go far, and I guess she is growing on me, just like her hair is on her, and she is becoming my friend. :)

Time to go vacuum......

3 comments:

  1. I think that it's a puppy, but I'm not sure. I have asthma and allergies AND I'm a clean freak, so I'd never allow a cat or dog in my house. I think puppies have the potential to make a bigger mess...I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you hit the nail on the head! I refused to get a dog until the kids were 6 and 8....because younger kids AND a dog is tooo toooo too much!! I know you have your hands full!! We have a german shepherd and the dog hair is crazy, but we love her! Miss Miley Ray is here name. Guess who named her? lol~ our daughter of course! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a puppy too! She is 5 months. Potty training has been hard. AND I have a 2 year old that likes to color on EVERYTHING! I totally feel your pain! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails