Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Happy Birthday Wish...

Today is my little sister's birthday. She is 33 and she is an amazing woman. I am 5 years older than her, so I have vivid memories of when she was a baby. She is the first baby that I remember knowing! I have this habit (I guess that's what you'd call it) of always feeling a need to protect her, even though she is a grown woman with a life of her own. When we are together in a crowd, I sometimes find myself "watching out for her." She doesn't know this of course, because she would probably tell me to get lost! :)

Jessica has three children of her own, all little boys, ages 8, 6 and 2. She is married to a childhood friend that she has known forever. Just a few weeks ago, she finished her first year of nursing school with flying colors. She is not taking the summer off, instead plowing forward, taking more classes this summer, along with working an internship in the local hospital. She is a dedicated mother, wife, sister, daughter, student, co-worker, and best of all, friend. She is also a beautiful Daughter of the King, and shows His love daily in her words, laugh and smile.

I am so proud of her and all that she is. Happy Birthday Sister Baby. I love you. :)

Here she is, last July, with my Little Man. It was July 4, LM was 6 months old. The DiSH and Mr. Smarty Pants had been in a minor motorcycle accident, so my wonderful sister kept Little Man and Girly Girl for the whole day, while we were at the hospital. She is so dependable and I love that I can count on her no matter what.
Girly Girl, and Jessica's three boys, I, J and J on July 4, '08.

When Little Man was born (almost 8 weeks early) she then also had the older two for the weekend, taking great care of them. It was Girly Girl's birthday, two days after the birth of LM, and I was torn up about not being with my only girl on her 9th birthday. My sister made sure her special day was indeed special, and in the wonderful Maine winter weather, she and my brother-in-law drove my oldest two to the hospital we were at, 2 hours away, for Girly Girl's birthday.

I thank God everyday for my family. I would have been so bored and lonely without my two sisters! They are my best friends, each in their own different and special ways. :)


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to her. Y'all look so much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, what a very sweet post to your sister!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing can replace sisterly love!

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails