Sunday, December 6, 2009

A GOOD Day...

NOT A GOOD DAY. by far. terrible day. mad day. angry day. frustrating day.


my dryer died.
my kitchen stove died.
my coffee maker DIED.


trying to find the good in things.
okay...
to fix the dryer...
$37 piece, arriving Wednesday.


to fix the stove...
$178 piece, arriving Wednesday.


husband that is able to fix them both, and found the parts online...Check.


do I wish I could have a new dryer? yes.
do I wish I could have a new stove? yes.
Can I afford new appliances?
NO!


I am thankful.
for the DiSH.
for the shower that muffled the sound of my tears this morning.
for the cold brisk weather that I then spent 2 hours in, with my dad, while selling Christmas trees at my children's school.
for my MICROWAVE!
for good coffee at the local country store.
for a woodstove that gives plenty of heat to dry clothes next to for a couple of days.


Ah.


not such a terrible day anymore.
I will praise Him through my trials. that mean 'ole devil can try as hard as he'd like. I will dig deeper and cling to my Heavenly Father.


It's a GOOD day.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, days like these are the hardest...good job clinging to Him and praising Him in the middle of it all! I'm in a very blue mood myself...need to find the good in it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your peace and thankful you have ways to do the things you need to do. I understand completely. I am here for you if you need to talk or even vent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO sorry that things aren't going so well for you. Mike & I were just talking about how thankful we are to be out of that "awful" apartment today and then the guilt hit us and we started to realize how lucky we were to have had that apartment because it was better than being homeless!
    I feel sorry for myself A LOT, but I'm always able to make things work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as bad as your day was, at least you can realize how much you DO have to be thankful for!!

    I'm thankful for my health, my kids' health, each breath, a car that still runs, a soft pillow, a heater that works, and my furry boots. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete

I'm at Home, so stop and say Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails